Dr. Vikas Kumar

I am Vikas Kumar, working as an assistant professor at Campus Law Center, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi since 2010. Before joining Delhi University, I worked as an assistant professor at IIMT (School of Law) in Karkardooma, an affiliated college by Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. I also worked as an assistant professor at Deewan Law Institute in Meerut, affiliated with Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut. Additionally, I served as a lecturer at a reputed law college affiliated with Jiwaji University, Gwalior. For a brief period, I worked as an assistant professor at Mewar Law Institute in Vasundhara, Ghaziabad, affiliated with Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut.

Regarding my qualifications, I completed my LLB and LLM from Meerut College, Meerut. I also hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Corporate Laws and Management (PGDCLM) obtained from the prestigious Indian Law Institute (ILI), New Delhi. I qualified for UGC-NET in 2007. Currently, I am pursuing a PhD from the Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, focusing on the title “Legal Framework for Technology Transfer and Its Impact on Climate Change Mitigation.”

My area of interest primarily lies in international laws and environmental laws, although I also have a keen interest in criminal laws and their reforms. Throughout my career, I have taught various subjects, including Law of Evidence, Criminal Laws Procedural Laws, Drafting and Pleadings, and Constitutional Laws, in addition to my core areas of international laws and environmental laws.

I have actively participated in numerous international and national conferences on human rights and environmental laws organized by Delhi University and other institutions in India. Apart from delivering lectures in the classroom, I am involved in administrative duties. Currently, I serve as a member of several committees at the Faculty of Law, such as the NAAC committee, admission committee, and Anti-ragging committee. In the past, I have been a member of the Equal Opportunity Cell, Student Union Advisor, and the Sports Committee of the Faculty of Law. Additionally, I have been a member of the Moot Court Society of the Faculty of Law and the Legal Aid Society, where we organized various camps in remote areas, providing legal assistance to the needy through advisement and arranging free legal aid with the help of our students.