The Moot Court Society [‘MCS’] is a dedicated cell, which aims to provide a platform to students to inculcate and enhance advocacy skills. The Society conducts training programs and workshops regularly honing drafting and argumentative of nascent legal minds. It organizes, through its faculty and students’ body, various internal moot court competitions, thereby enabling students to participate in external moot court competitions organised both nationally and internationally. The Moot Court Society (MCS) is a dedicated cell towards providing a platform to students to inculcate and enhance advocacy and dispute resolution skills. The Society functions as a mentor to students from Day 1 of the college. It organizes training programs and workshops by experts regularly to hone students’ negotiation, mediation, research, drafting and argumentative skills at the nascent stages of college. It also conducts internal competitions to inculcate a general culture of mooting in the college. Members of the society are selected through open moot competitions witnessing the participation of 300+ students judged by renowned practicing advocates. The society also facilitates the internal selection procedure to choose teams to represent the college in external competitions organized both nationally and internationally. The society also organizes one of the most prestigious criminal law moots in the world, the K.K. Luthra Memorial Moot Court Competition.
K.K. Luthra Moot Court Competition-2022
March 13, 2022
Common Induction Moot-2022
October 30, 2022
Common Induction Moot
Every year the society organises a Common Induction Moot to induct new members in the society from all the three years. This moot focuses on Criminal Law and issues related to criminal jurisprudence however not limiting itself to that area in particular.
Freshers’ Induction Moot
Apart from organising a CIM for all the students in general, the society provides the freshers with an exclusive chance to get inducted in the society through the Freshers’ Induction Moot. The moot problem deals with various aspects of civil law and subjects ranging from Law of Torts to Principles of Contract.
K.K. Luthra Moot Court Competition
The K. K. Luthra Memorial Moot Court is held at the Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi (India) on the third weekend of January every year.
This Competition is the only exclusive International Criminal Law Moot Court held in India. Since 2005, the Competition has been held annually at the premises of Campus Law Centre in the memory of Late Sh. K. K. Luthra, Senior Advocate, an eminent criminal lawyer, whose legal career spanned from 1949 till his demise in 1997.
The Competition has focused on topical legal issues and subjects ranging from medical negligence, information technology and cybercrime, unlawful activities and terrorism, online banking fraud, International Criminal Law and Genocide, Impeachment of Judges of the International Criminal Court, Narcotics, Trial by Media and Defence Entrapment and related issues in criminal jurisprudence.
Campus Law Centre – Competition Commission of India Moot Court Competition
The Campus Law Centre – Competition Commission of India Moot Court Competition on Competition Law is hosted by Campus Law Centre in association with the Competition Commission of India. It aims to allow students to analyse and understand this new law and its implications. With the growing applicability of Competition Law in various sectors, it is important to prepare students who can discuss, deliberate and appreciate various facets of competition law and policy.
The Moot Court Society (MCS) is a dedicated cell, which aims to provide a platform to students to inculcate and enhance advocacy skills. The Society conducts training programs and workshops regularly honing drafting and argumentative of nascent legal minds. The Moot Court Society introduced a new workshop series for the students at the Faculty of Law. The workshop series was intended to endow the students with the practical knowledge and skills around the traditional as well as the latest emerging trends in the field of legal practice.
Dr. Suman Yadav
Ms. Apanjot Kaur
Ms. Rubina Grewal
Dr. Cholaraja M.
Dr. Rahul Kumar
Student Executive Body:
Executive Committee Members:
DISTINGUISHED TEAM ACHIEVEMENTS
- Team comprising Kritika Singh (2021-24), Rupal Shah (2021-24) and Aditya Sarin (2021-24) were the Winners (Best Team), Best Memorial and also won the Best Speaker Award (Kritika Singh) at the National Moot Court Competition, Himachal Pradesh University.
- Team comprising Shikha Singh ( Speaker), Shashank Shekhar ( Speaker) and Saurabh Rajput (Researcher) stood Runner up at 1st Pt. Kanhaiya Lal Misra National Moot Court Competition.
- Team comprising Shrutika Chopra (2nd Year) Vanshika Mittal (2nd year) Hardik Pathak (3rd Year) were Semi-Finalists (1 out of the 4 teams) at the S.K Puri Memorial Moot Court Competition (Organised by Law Centre – II).
- Team comprising Akanksha Bisht (2nd year) and Sista Srinivas (2nd year) won Best Negotiating Team in Preliminary Round at 1st YNC National Negotiation Competition, 2022.
- Team comprising Rishabh Yadav (2nd year, speaker), Sakshi Garg (2nd year, Speaker), Bani Allagh (2nd year, researcher) won the Best Team and Best Memorial award at the MAIMS 1ST NATIONAL MOCK TRIAL COMPETITION.
- Team comprising Rishabh Yadav ( 2nd year, speaker), Sakshi Garg ( 2nd year, speaker) qualified for Oral rounds at the 3rd NALSAR UNHCR PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL LAW MOOT COURT COMPETITION.
- Team comprising Kamal Kant Sharma (2nd year) , Aman Rawat (2nd year), and Aman Dalal(2nd year) were Winners of the Best Memorial at the Graphic Era 2nd National Moot Court Competition.
- Team comprising Prerna Bhardwaj, Pooja Chopra and Sanya Khurana were the Octa Finalists at the S.K. Misra Memorial International Mediation & Negotiation Competition 3.0
- Team comprising Vanshika Gupta (1st Year), Vanshika Arora (1st Year), Yukti (1st Year) represented CLC at the 1st DME International Moot Court Competition 2022.