The Corporate and Commercial Law Society aims at creating a culture of initiative in becoming aware of the practical aspects of corporate law, enabling and promoting students to research and participate in training sessions/workshops that will enrich their exposure to different practice areas concerning corporate and commercial laws.
The society will provide a foundation for interested students to build the requisite base needed to become a successful corporate lawyer and strive to connect student members with corporate law practitioners through networking opportunities. The student members shall be trained and guided through the society’s engagements with law firms and institutions that will allow ideas to be shared and professional relationships to be forged.
The particular practice of corporate law is based on a strong legal foundation built by the study of law along with top-grade practical skills and work ethics. Our activities will be directed towards imparting the necessary skills required in the practice of corporate law that will help in bridging the industry-academia gap.
The events of the society will be designed to give students, the theoretical and practical knowledge of avenues in corporate law and allied fields such as contract law, company law, securities laws, foreign investment-related laws, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, fund formation, capital markets, project finance, banking and insurance, and competition law, among others.
Conducted training sessions, workshops, seminars providing practical exposure to the students in the field of corporate laws.
The list of sessions conducted is as follows:
- Training session-cum-workshop: Overview of Companies Act 2013 from a practitioner’s perspective by Mr. Madhavan Srivatasan.
- Training session: Practical approach to deal with contemporary contractual issues by Mr. Sanjay Kumar (Counsel at JSA).
- Training Session: Indemnity & Limitation of Liabilities by Mr. Gaurav Sahay (Partner, Link Legal).
- 4 Day CCI-CLC lecture series-cum-symposium (under the theme of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav):
- Topic for day 1: About CCI, it’s role & competition compliance program for companies by Mr. Anand Vikas Mishra (Joint Director Law, Advocacy Division, CCI)
- Topic for day 2: Provisions relating to Anti-Competitive Agreements, and Abuse of Dominant Market Position
by Mr. Shri V. Sriraj (Joint Director Law and in-charge of the regional office (South), CCI).
- Topic for day 3: Provisions relating to Combination Mechanism for M&A by Mr. Shri Vipul Puri (Joint Director (Financial Analysis), Combinations Division, CCI).
- Topic for day 4: Leniency Programmes and Competition Advocacy by Ms. Sanskriti Jain (Deputy Director Law,
- Training session: Framework on Fundraising in India by Ms. Khushboo Khatreja (Principal Associate, DSK Legal).
- Training session: Share Capital of a Company, Theory and Practice by Ms. Akanksha Dua (Senior Associate, Obhan & Associates)
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Arti Aneja
- Dr. Neelam Tyagi
- Dr. Ruchita Chakraborty
ADVISORY BOARD (Founding Members) –
- Dhairya Kumar Garg [Batch of 2020]
- Abhishek Singh [Batch of 2020]
- Sumit Khadaria [Batch of 2020]
CCLS Team Composition
- President: Donika Wahi (3rd Year)
- Vice President: Priyanka Priyadarshini (3rd Year)
- Secretary: Vishwapreeti (3rd Year)
Executive Committee Members
- Vikrammaditya Mishra (3rd Year)
- Sonal Saha (3rd Year)
- Sukirti Gumber (3rd Year)
- Surya Sanjay (3rd Year)
- Rashi Singh (2nd Year)
- Sagar Jha (2nd Year)
- Farha Rahman (2nd Year)
- Paramveer Dalal (2nd Year)
- Yash Prakash Yadav (2nd Year)
- Dhruv Gupta (2nd Year)
Email Address: email@example.com